Information Technology Services
Companies in this industry provide services such as software support, computer systems design, and data processing facilities management.
Worldwide spending on IT services is about $935 billion annually, according to Gartner. Among world regions, Europe is the leading exporter of computer services (more than 60% of all exports), followed by Asia (about 24%) and North America (6%), according to the World Trade Organization. A digital divide regarding access to and use of information and communication technologies hinders Africa’s participation in exports of IT services.
The US information technology (IT) services industry includes about 142,000 establishments (single-location companies and units of multi-location companies) with combined annual revenue of about $380 billion.
Here’s a snapshot of select publicly listed IT Services companies:
- Tech Vendors Target Enterprise ESG Reportingby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on October 18, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Environmental, social, and governance reporting is growing in importance. Two big tech vendors recently announced new ESG solutions.
- Enabling Citizen Data Scientists to Reach Their Full Potentialby Ant Phillips, CTO, D4t4 Solutions Plc on October 18, 2021 at 11:00 am
With data scientists topping the charts as one of the most in-demand roles globally, many organizations are turning to non-traditional employees to help find greater value in their information.
- Mastering Analytics With DataOps And Data Fabricson October 18, 2021 at 10:00 am
(SPONSORED) Companies acquire tools and functionality to unify silos and apply their analytic insights for business success.
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Highlights Security for Open Sourceby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 15, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Vulnerabilities in the life cycle of open-source software development can start from tiny crumbs but grow into substantial issues.
- What Product Teams Can Learn from DevOps Principlesby Rachel Obstler, EVP Product, Heap on October 15, 2021 at 11:00 am
For teams looking to adopt the product-led growth business model, look no further than the principles laid out by DevOps teams for guidance on how to do it right.
- RPA Deals Heat Up Amid Faster Digital Transformation Pushesby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on October 14, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Automation is a key component in successful digital transformations today, and several big tech vendors are adding these capabilities by acquiring RPA vendors. Tibco and Blue Prism are joining forces, for instance.
- Modern App Dev: An Enterprise Guideby Cathleen Gagne, Managing Editor, InformationWeek on October 14, 2021 at 11:00 am
Developers don’t sit behind glass walls anymore. And citizen developers are jumping into the low end of the app pool. Just what’s going on in the insanely busy world of software application development?
- Google Cloud Next Paints Digital Landscape Where Data and AI Meetby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 13, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Kickoff for annual conference shows how some enterprises explore new layers of transformation through cloud migration.
- Stop Using AI and ML Interchangeablyby Emily Yale (Heath), Principal Data Scientist, F5 Shape Security on October 13, 2021 at 11:00 am
The definitions of artificial intelligence and machine learning have evolved, so it’s important for everyone to understand the distinctions.
- How to Build a Strong and Effective Data Retention Policyby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on October 12, 2021 at 12:00 pm
In a world awash with data, it's important to keep important enterprise records safe, secure, and organized
- Safely and Securely Bringing Employees Back to the Officeby Jim Finney, SVP of IT, First Tech Federal Credit Union on October 12, 2021 at 11:00 am
IT departments across the world know that employees may have forgotten their cybersecurity hygiene and developed bad habits from working remotely. Here’s some advice to get back on track.
- A Question of Digital Balanceon October 11, 2021 at 12:59 pm
(SPONSORED) Planning IT strategy with the pandemic in the rear-view mirror has presented a two-pronged question to organizations. How does IT support the running of today’s business in the face of dynamic disruption while still transforming to adapt for the future? It’s a digital dilemma facing many organizations.
- Streamlining Data Storage at the 49ers’ Homefieldby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 11, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Levi’s Stadium consolidates disparate data silos to further futureproof its services and boost operational efficiency.
- How to Optimize Your Hybrid Cloud Architectureby Eric Dynowski, Chief Solutions Officer, Deft on October 11, 2021 at 11:00 am
Enterprises increasingly rely on a hybrid cloud strategy to deliver scalability, flexibility, configurability, and control. But for many, cloud spend is wasted money. Here’s how to reap the full benefits.
- The Cyber Insurance Market in Fluxby Richard Pallardy, Freelance Writer on October 8, 2021 at 12:00 pm
With cyber-attacks on the rise, cyber insurance is becoming a necessity for many organizations. But costs are skyrocketing, and claims are being denied.
- 3 Biggest Mistakes Companies Make When Adopting Cloud Computingby Madhuri Sesha Sarma, Head of Product Engineering, Orum.io on October 8, 2021 at 11:00 am
To avoid these pitfalls, companies should think strategically and treat migration as an opportunity to optimize their resource utilization and application stack.
- 5 Lessons from Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp Outageby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on October 7, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Facebook learned the hard way that a single configuration error can take down the mightiest of networks. Here are a few things that can help enterprises avoid making the same mistake.
- Should Sustainability Be an IT Priority?by Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on October 7, 2021 at 11:00 am
Everyone likes to talk about sustainable IT. But how many CIOs are actively including it as a priority?
- Seaports, Backlogged Supply Chain Seek a Digital Responseby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 6, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Can data and software platforms help ease the burden on the logistics supply chain as cargo ships sit waiting at ports?
- The Art of Sharing Credit for a Successful IT Projectby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on October 6, 2021 at 11:00 am
Being magnanimous is a painless way to inspire an IT team while enhancing its leader's reputation.
- Pratt & Whitney’s Low-Code Strategy to Save Development Timeby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 5, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Aircraft engine maker leverages platform from WEBCON to tighten up some of its operations.
- Reinventing the Customer Experience, One Process at a Timeby Daniel Csoka, Senior Manager, Deloitte’s Center for Process Bionics, Deloitte Consulting LLP on October 5, 2021 at 11:00 am
Customer experience is at the core of all company functions. Organizations should look to new methods of transformation to uncover inefficiencies and drive new value.
- Moving Banks Out of their Brick-and-Mortar Mindseton October 4, 2021 at 4:44 pm
Fintech firms competing with physical premises banks want to take over your direct customer relationships, to drain the most profitable parts of the value chain. Here’s how to stop them. (Sponsored)
- Why Enterprises are Training AI for Local Marketsby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on October 4, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Machine learning models are often trained with US-based data. Artificial intelligence localization is an effort to create data sets to train models for the many other markets in the world.
- 3 Ways to Better Apply AI to Small Data Setsby Amnon Mishor, CTO and Founder, Leadspace on October 4, 2021 at 11:00 am
Stop assuming the past is your future: One of the more common issues in applying artificial intelligence is blindly relying on historical data for predicting future situations.