Budgets & Forecasts
Business owners sometimes underestimate the importance of preparation, documentation and positioning when considering building sustainable revenue growth and quality of earnings. We don’t.
We can help your team set opportunistic sales goals, align your expense budget to achieving expectations, manage risks and maximize profits. We help companies define superior strategies, enable disciplined financial management and create operational processes that are grounded in building lasting shareholder value. Types of budgets we design with you include:
- Strategic Planning
- Operating Budget
- Capital Budget
- Long Range Planning
Management is responsible for devising, executing, monitoring, and reporting on a complete financial plan that focuses on:
- Liquidity—ability to pay bills when due and to meet unexpected needs for cash
- Profitability—ability to earn a satisfactory net income
- Long-term solvency—ability to survive for many years
- Cash flow adequacy—ability to generate sufficient cash through operating, investing, and financing activities
- Market strength—ability to increase the wealth of owners
What is the difference between a Budget and a Forecast? A budget is the dollar amount allocated to expense over the period of the budget (monthly, quarterly, annually); or burn rate. A forecast is the intended sales and profit outcome by spending the budget; or revenue. By planning both of these interdependent elements simultaneously you can get perspective, position your organization to take advantage of opportunities, and pivot quickly and appropriately when things change.
Our finance professionals work with your team to:
- Analyze and Normalize past financial aberrations to establish target KPIs and Ratios
- Standardize your Chart of Accounts
- Analyze unit economics and sales processes (gestation, delivery, support, etc.)
- Compare historical burn rate to earnings to identify optimal activities and inefficiencies
- Establish best practice Budget, supported by target KPIs and Ratios
- Design Revenue Forecast in line with industry standards, market share and human capital resources
- Incorporate all of the above in monthly, quarterly and annual:
- Balance Sheets
- Income Statements
- Cash Flow Statements
- Ratio Analysis
This process may take us up to one month to complete because it requires collaboration with, and significant information from your team. We have significant experience leading this process. With the right amount of attention and accurate information from you upon implementing the engagement, we may be able a to complete it in a matter of weeks.
We also offer ongoing support for the duration of the forecast.